Kinnick Stadium Rules
To ensure the safety of all patrons and guests, Kinnick Stadium has created the following code of conduct and policy guidelines. Please review and follow the rules and policies below as failure to abide by them may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, please contact the box office at 1-800 IA-HAWKS.
Kinnick Stadium is proud to offer the following accommodations.
- Accessible Parking is available at various locations depending on the event.
- Assistive Listening Devices are available at no charge the Guest Services area in the south concourse of Kinnick Stadium, near section 213.
- A driver’s license, credit card or some other acceptable form of picture identification is required as a deposit.
- To provide the best experience for every Hawkeye fan, closed captioning is provided on the south video board in Kinnick Stadium.
- Mobility devices, including but not limited to canes, crutches, walkers, rollators, wheelchairs, scooters, etc. are permitted into Kinnick Stadium.
- Guests may enter through any gate with a mobility device. Storage of larger devices in the seating stands may be difficult (unless you have wheelchair-accessible seats). Limited storage of larger devices is available at the Guest Services area in the south concourse of Kinnick Stadium, near section 213.
- First Aid stations, which are staffed by nurses and physicians from the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, are located inside Kinnick Stadium on the southeast concourse, near section 212; and inside the extended concourse, outside the newly renovated north end zone.
- f you have health care issues or anticipate special needs on game day, please call (319) 335-9247 from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
For any other concerns please call the ADA coordinator at 1-800 IA-HAWKS.
Kickoff starts promptly at the time listed on your ticket. For certain events, latecomers may have to wait in the lobby before being admitted. These shows will be detailed in the program guide.
Kinnick Stadium has instituted a clear bag policy for game day. Approved bags must be either clear bags no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″, one-gallon clear plastic bags or small clutch bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”.
All bags (camera bags, purses, backpacks, etc) are subject to search upon entering Kinnick Stadium. Please have your bag ready for search before entering entrance doors to accelerate the process.
A complimentary bag drop-off located inside the Indoor Track Facility is available to secure items not permitted inside Kinnick Stadium.
Hours of Operation: Bag drop-off is available starting two hours before kick-off and will close one hour after the end of the game. After this time, left items may be claimed at the UI Lost and Found by calling (319) 384-2797 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Fans accessing the bag drop-off service in the southeast corner of the Indoor Track Facility will need to enter through the lower southeast doors of the Indoor Track Facility. The southeast doors are located near the south garage door, just off of Lot 43N Drive.
Not Accepted Items:
The following items are not accepted as part of the bag drop-off:
- Pets or animals of any kind.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Food and/or beverages of any kind (including containers).
The University of Iowa is not responsible for items left at gates and the items not claimed at the bag drop-off area.
For certain events, cameras may not be allowed. If a specific show or event prohibits cameras, then it will be detailed in the event or program guide.
If an event is canceled due to inclement weather or cancellation, ticket holders will be informed as soon as possible through media and the website. Please contact the venue at 1-800 IA-HAWKS to ask about refunds or postponements.
Children Ticketing Policy
Certain events may require all spectators including children younger than 5 years old, to have their ticket. All children will be required to remain with a responsible parent or guardian.
Season-long and game-by-game rentals are available. Customer information and service booths are located inside Gates H, I and M. If you need maintenance on your rented chairback, please call Hawkeye Seat Customer Service at (866) 895-7106 during normal business hours (Monday through Friday).
Personal chair backs are not allowed inside Kinnick Stadium. Seat cushions without back support are allowed.
Food and Beverage Policy
Outside food and beverages are not allowed within Kinnick Stadium. You can purchase refreshments from the concessions stands around the arena.
General Code of Conduct Policy
The following behavior will not be tolerated and will result in ejection from Kinnick Stadium and may result in arrest and revocation of season tickets:
- Foul, abusive (such as racist, sexist, homophobic, or transphobic) language or obscene gestures.
- The appearance of intoxication or other signs of impairment.
- Possession or drinking of alcohol in unapproved areas in the stadium.
- Fighting, taunting or threatening remarks or gestures; unruly and disruptive fans.
- Any disruption of the game by fans’ actions.
- Stay off the field:
- For the safety of participants and spectators alike, at no time before, during or after a game shall spectators be permitted to enter the playing field. Access will be limited to participating student-athletes, coaches, officials, support personnel and properly credentialed individuals.
- Unauthorized persons may be subject to arrest and prosecution.
Lost and Found
Lost something during the show? Ask event staff during the show for help with finding the lost and found station. After the show please call the lost and found office at (319) 384-2797. Be prepared to leave your full contact information and detailed information about the lost item(s).
Kinnick Stadium does not claim responsibility for lost or missing items.
To ensure a safe and comfortable environment the following items are prohibited from being brought into the arenas for intercollegiate athletic
The following items are not allowed inside Kinnick Stadium.
Admission may be denied to anyone carrying the following items.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Backpacks, purses, handbags and cinch bags
- Banners and signs
- Coolers, kegs, camelbacks, thermoses, canned or bottled beverages.
- Large lens cameras (6″ or more) or tripods
- Noisemakers, horns, bugles or any disruptive devices
- Animals or Pets (except service animals under the control of an individual with disabilities)
- Personal chairbacks
- Tobacco of any kind (including e-cigarettes)
- Video cameras
- Weapons of any kind
The following items are allowed inside Kinnick Stadium.
- Blankets and seat cushions (without back support)
- Bottled water (sealed and non-flavored water) – Limit one (1)
- Items allowed after proper inspection at any gate
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- Binocular cases
- Breast pumps (for nursing mothers; bags subject to search and will be tagged at the gate)
- Clutch bags and fanny packs that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ (with or without a handle or strap)
- Diaper bag (items are subject to search and will be tagged at the gate)
- Food items in a clear plastic bag (gallon-sized or smaller)
- Medically necessary items (items are subject to search and will be tagged at the gate)
- One-gallon clear plastic bag (Ziploc or similar)
Subject to change without notice
Patrons will NOT be permitted to exit and re-enter Kinnick Stadium, except in the event of a medical emergency. Patrons are permitted to access Krause Family Plaza (KFP) through Gate A during halftime. To re-enter the stadium after enjoying halftime in KFP, fans must remain inside the KFP gates.
There are no refunds available for any Kinnick Stadium event unless otherwise specified by Kinnick Stadium management. If an event is canceled or postponed then you can call 1-800 IA-HAWKS to discuss postponing your ticket to the new date or receiving a refund.
Smoking, including cigarettes, vapes, cigars, or other smoking paraphernalia is not allowed within the venue or its surrounding facility.
For rules and policies regarding tickets and guarantees please read out the Kinnick Stadium Tickets page.